SELAH




There are different opinions about the meaning of the word "SELAH".

The common understanding seems as if it were a pause, an opportunity to reflect on what you see or even hear; I would even add what you say.

It can be something you read or write, something you heard or saw, or even something you have said.


Today, I invite you to take a pause in your life and meditate:

What are you looking at, and what are you listening to?

As a matter of fact, what are you even talking about?

Do you have enough proof to sustain in fact what you are saying?

It may be from someone or something, for example: A song, the media a television program; etc. 

Does it have a double meaning that may be affecting your life or those around you?

Have you ever felt like you don't even know what's going on in your life?

As if you were battling with something invisible but you can't even tell what it is.


I encourage you to invite the Holy Spirit to help you discern between what is correct and what is not.

1 Corinthians 10:23 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

We have the power to accept or decline anything that can affect our lives.

 If we accept anything that comes to mind it goes directly to our heart. 


That's why the word of God teaches us:


1. Proverbs 4:23

 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. 

How can I guard my heart?

To guard your heart means to protect it.

This can only be possible with the shield of faith and the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God.

Faith comes through hearing, hearing the word of God.

By seeing and hearing also comes disbelief, iniquity, insecurity, uncertainty, etc.

We should be able to perceive in the Spirit what is and what's not convenient. 

 We need to learn when to accept or decline. 


2. Psalm 119:11-13 

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 12 Praise be to you, LORD; teach me your decrees. 13 With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.


Notice how, according to this verse, the psalmist is treasuring the word of God so as not to sin.

Sometimes we don't perceive what we listen to and we treasure in our hearts what we receive whether it may be good or bad.

We need to carefully analyze what we let in our hearts and cleanse it to ensure our salvation in Jesus. 


3. Psalm 24:3-4 

Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully.

We should not accept everything since this can harm us, causing very deep wounds. Our wounds can cause harm to others. We react to the way we feel. That's why we need to examine our ❤️.


4. Psalms 139:23-24 

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

We can not do this by ourselves, if we go before the Presence of the Lord and ask the Father to help us, we will notice that we have treasured many things that are destroying us. 

Past memories, past wounds, hurtful words. We need to renovate our hearts and for that, we need the help of the Holy Spirit 


5. Psalm 51:10-12

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Renovation allows a new beginning in our lives, that's why we need to be born again. We can only do this through Christ.

Rectitude is an attribute that few people possess, it's a lifestyle that shows through the biblical principles and values we have adapted to.

The noble person knows how to recognize other people's merits, is attentive, and specializes in servicing everyone. He has a great sense of justice, without hidden intentions they do everything possible to avoid harming anyone. Their energy and inner wealth allow them to also dedicate themselves to others, supporting their needs.

6. Mathew 15:19

For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, and slander.

What's in your heart is what will reflect in your personality, your character, your attitude, your way of being, your thoughts, your intentions, and your words.

When you live by the word of God it will reflect as the light. Lamp is to my feet your word and light to my path. But if you live according to your will and not the Lord's you will live very far from the truth and in darkness and will be lost without faith and hope.

'Selah' is a Hebrew word referring to a voluntary and intentional pause for reflection. Often in times of pausing, God gives us a revelation that transforms our perspective, bringing us closer to Him. Selah positions us to hear His voice and be in His presence.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOD LOVES YOU

TRUST OR THRUST